Friday 19 September 2014

An Ode: A Sufiyana for the Unknown

An Ode : A Sufiyana for the Unknown

I have won; I have won!
I could trace the path that leads
to your secret Sanctum Sanctorium,
but before I could overcome fear, and knock,
you opened the door
as if you knew that I needed to come,
but may go back without a knock.
Your presence was written all over the walls of your home.
Your voice rang loud and clear,
and resonated in the closed sanctuary and your guarded citadel of silence.
The signs you had erased of your presence elsewhere
were carefully locked away, like treasure to be guarded from the human eye;
but I carried the key you gave at the moment-- at the moment of our parting in the past.
I could decode your script
and crack open the seal.
Your secret sacred name is no longer a mystery to me;
that name--the mystery of which I had already divined
and believed the secret was locked in my heart,
never to be shared with you.

I never knew you had entered the deserted home
only to let me in,
anticipating the exact moment and its day
as if it was all scrolled
in your cryptic almanac.

I stand in your presence--
nurtured and healed,
drunk and soaked in love!
Yes, you have rid me of the past and the future too;
my waters know how to flow.

Neither did your manifestation fail,
nor did I ever say , it could be fake.
I know your disappearance wasn't a whim,
nor was it an unfathomed allegory.
It was all too painful to disbelieve.

Had your frequencies not been so geared to my soul
I would never have found you again.
Although you say that you played it all
for my growth and education,
I would rather be ignorant in my bliss
of the illusion of holding on to you,
than receive the mortal blow
of your having to go.

This day revealed to me your essence
beyond all words and appearances.
But how could I forget that had not that mysterious power intervened
I would never have found you again.

I know you haven't closed all the doors before flying AWAY
and although you did not sign your autograph on my mind
lest I betray the bond,
I seal the name in the vault of the vortex;
seal the color of your heavenly ray and the secret shade of your untimely rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment