Tuesday 29 April 2014

A Covenant



A Covenant
The spaces inside the emptiness,
Have not the dry stumps of forgotten pain now.
From  somewhere afar
Come  tidings.
I listen and I know the words are drowned like ink erased by careless spilling over of water.
Words, those which are legible in ink and those swallowed by distance and time
Enter and find a place, half awaited and most of all an unbesought grace.
Grieve not over the darkness
that once covered the path.
Neither agony, nor numbness,
Neither the solitude nor the presence; I merge into a peace that is a bliss too, which I had not known before.
Much there is to be said, perhaps ought to be said; but is held back for constraints I have taken on over ages; a legacy of a culture, perhaps not known to you in your world of open skies.
My silence has recognized its language; It has found a covenant; a promise that it will speak and not fall into abyss again.

No comments:

Post a Comment