Thursday 12 June 2014

A Rainfall



A Rainfall
This distance and this gloom, this vacant space of the sky
Tracing a path from nowhere across my sky
A vagrant cloud has drifted here and covered all the shades of the plains
For no reason, it has brought rains,
Unseasonal, anachronistic rains.
The dried up path of the river has vanished without a trace.
Deep, deep is the fall
Deep is the call
Deep is the dark inner shrine of the mind.
The winding ways of the world
Never opened their secret path to lead me out of the maze.
The paths of the rainfall led me on
To this dim little spot of a wood.
Who planted it here and who tended it?
Do I need to know?
I feel the sigh of the wind-swept forest.
The flame of its blossom is the treasure in my heart, a crown of God that I wear on my head.
It’s the fire that’s not within me to put out,
It was lit by the hands of God.
Silly bird, singing in my heart,
Where is your home, where the nest?
Do not lose the track of your land.
A koel should not get drunk on her song.
Once she breaks out of the nest, there is no flight-path back again.




No comments:

Post a Comment