Friday 31 October 2014

A Halloween Poem



A Halloween Poem
On my way up on a staircase which I believed led me to heaven
I met a woman, descending as it were from a Dantesque hell.
"Does this way not lead to heaven", I asked.
"And what made you think it does not lead to Heaven?" she asked.
I looked at her twice over to make sure that Hell had not turned her into an insane wreck that saw Hell as Heaven and perhaps Heaven as Hell.
She too gave me a keen look and said,
"It was verily a Heaven, but a Heaven made by men. A woman is allowed only if she pulls on a veil. Then they attribute all devious charms and snares to her and make her play out a role
enacting a charmer and a witch, an angel and a bitch,
a mother and a whore, everything all at once. A slave to their passion, but scourged to damnation if I dared to utter the name of my Sacred Love."
She paused for a moment and asked, “And pray, what makes you seek the way to Heaven?"
"I am seeking my Love I lost on Earth; and I am sure of finding Him there. I am sure of finding Him there in Heaven," said I.
She laughed the weirdest laugh.
"If He loved you true, and you loved Him back,
go to Hell; you will surely find Him there.
Hell is the place for lovers to live in eternal damnation
to completely drink their cup to the dregs".

No comments:

Post a Comment