Monday 24 November 2014

A Starry Starry Night Again

The Starry Starry Night Again

A starry starry night again
with the moon reaching the ultimate,
the light  flowing out to the rim of my earth,
I do not walk alone!
The starry starry night
has dimmed all else.
It's the moon who reigns
and will reign till the end.
The starry starry night
feels my tremors all over again;
her silver melting into songs of grace.
I do not stand still.
I do not look back.
The starry starry night
holds the secret of my dreams.
I have not left anything behind.
The starry starry night has gathered
the universe in the silent wave;
a silent, gentle wave
which spreads over me ;
holding aloft the single bloom--
her silent moon
breathing her truth over the earth and the sky.
After a spell of dark
I find the trail of the moon and her stars.
A starry starry night again!
Ripples grow,
tides will flow,
the even-tide and the moon-tide and the trail of stars coming in tow
until the flood-gates open and take them all
in a wide embrace of a silent glow.
The starry night may not whisper again,
"Forgive, and accept and merge in me.
The long hours of  patience will not come to try me again."

Sushama Karnik


No comments:

Post a Comment