Wednesday 7 January 2015

I watch the taste of coffee

"I watch the taste of coffee in her eyes"

Rivers of Time cannot be reversed
except in my own Time.
And by now I have come to accept
the knot which I know I cannot untwine.
With a cup of coffee in my hand
the river flows backward as I watch
the taste of coffee,
at first on the tip of the tongue ,
then slowly twirling along the deep throat,
and when swallowed completely,
a whirlpool and the swirl--
I cannot say , of memories,
of moments perhaps,
in time and out of time.
Why do people philosophize
about which Time is real?--
Time In or Time Out/
It is just a bout of moments lived
in profusion.
Born anew, every rebirth an immersion in Time,
every immersion a rebirth in memory.
Nirvana is not for me.
"I sit on the banks of the river,
and I forget and forget", I heard someone say.
When memory attains Timelessness
it is one with eternity.
Nothing is lost in the flow.
I watch the taste of coffee
and live in the flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment