Sunday 19 April 2015

A Faraway Dawn and a Faraway Night

A Faraway Dawn and a Faraway Night

Far,far away, indeed in another world, the morning will unfurl her glory in the sky.
Wrapped up in a mystic fog, a world, a town, sleeps and wakes up to another dawn. Someone wakes up and prays,
digging his feet deep in the sand
and throws away a gift of pearls to the waves lashing on his shores, on his shoulders,sweeping over him as he holds his head
triumphantly above the sweep of the tide.
My world sleeps as you are awake to the sounds and the sights not revealed to me.
Somewhere in that hour of dawn,
somewhere in the crash of the waves, the rocks fight back, survive,
survive the waves,
waves rising and falling and swirling in the foam
and in my dream I hear the unreal sea and the unreal storm;
I see and hear
the rocks take the challenge and hurl back the tide
as the the deep red tinges the horizon, hills and the sky.
Dark descends
faster than a meteor upon my world
and I wake up to a new birth in another world, another world of a mystic dawn where you belong.
world of a mystic dawn where you belong.
My darkness recedes; I fight your wars; add my spirit , my will gathered from the aeons past.
Your day, your battles are all mine.
My world goes to sleep
and that is the time for my spirit to wake.
A vigilant sleep hovers and spreads with an incantation.
Here, or there; now my world is everywhere,
over your sunlit fields, sparkling waves and domes of fire and burning hills
 Every day as I wake up from sleep it is with a revelation that speaks
of a new warmth rising from every new morn,
opening into the secret of the earth,
the secret of how she holds in a deepening vault
the love that gathers her two hemispheres,
like a pair of eyes looking at the world , close and far apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment