Monday 6 April 2015

Intoxication; A Ghazal

A Ghazal of Mir Taqui Mir in translation

Excuse Me Friends, I Am Intoxicated.

If I falter in my step,
just this day, if you can,
bear with me and carry me where i started to go.
Carry me the way you will carry
a glass of wine filled to the brim, gently, lightly,
for today I may spill over
with the slightest jerk of the hand.
Walk with me a few steps on this road if you can.
I know, I am out of step with you today.
But just this day, overlook my faults, if you can.
You know best when I overstep.
If I ask for more,
hand me on
an empty glass

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-8N8mi8E7M6w/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAB9E/eeY0U7UCBTw/s62-c-k-no/photo.jpghand me on


Image: Sameer Koul
 

3 comments:

  1. Have you publish a book with your poems? If not, please do so. I'll love to have them at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you publish a book with your poems? If not, please do so. I'll love to have them at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure u hv not spilled it.

    ReplyDelete