Wednesday 1 April 2015

untitled yet

Untitled Yet

The blue sky hides you and the mountains shield you,
and when the sky whispers the sign
the mountains blush and withhold the secret
of your presence, the secret the mountains hide
even from the gentle sky.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-8N8mi8E7M6w/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAB9E/eeY0U7UCBTw/s62-c-k-no/photo.jpgYour presence, bodiless, has pervaded all.
and yet you play truant to my restless soul,
agonized by your absence, your withdrawal
from the world I see , hear , feel and touch.
My beloved, I need to see you with my physical eye,
though sages for aeons have seen you with their third eye
and have fallen since then
into a silence of everlasting peace.
But I am no saint, nor am I a sage of yore.
I have clothed you in garments blue,
stealing their color from the sky.
I was dazzled by the fiery spirit
staring through the eyes of the mid-day sun; I saw you staring at me;
and the noonday lost its shadow in the lee.
The cool breeze caressed me
and I knew; it was scented by your breath.
The magic chant of an unknown origin
comes riding on the crest of a tide;
fills me with a rapture and I swoon,
I dip my hands and feel
my body in the swirling embrace of your quiet being.
I am overwhelmed. The oceanic infinity leaves no trace behind
of my separate, forlorn identity.
I am a being with no body; it's the eternal ocean and no me
anywhere in that infinity.
An ocean with neither a shore nor a horizon anywhere seen.
There I have lost the rein of thought.
A silence and you and me,
and an endless dialogue without a sound.
The burden I carried so long,
my heart, my mind and breath,
when did it ever belong to me?
Let it now go where it belonged;
let me sink and drown
never to come back again
to the world of sensory delight.
This enchanted hour will not stay,
and before its magic dissolves
let me hold its ethereal hand.
I yearn withe this restless longing in my heart;
I yearn to go where my beloved abides,
in his silent abode.
He has waited long
with the patience of his divinely gentle heart,
a sorrowless,  joyous heart,
the heart that beats for me alone.
Gentle breeze, clear the way that leads to Him.
At last the mist dissolved, the road is now unveiled ,
and I can see where it ends.
Let nothing now hold me back.
My Beloved has waited long.

No comments:

Post a Comment