Monday 8 June 2015

A Forest

The Forest

The road, an unholding,
and a rushing forth like a river,
the forest,alive primeval in its presence,
life abundant if you yield,
fierce and menacing if you miss the marks and overstep.
The lessons learnt by the ancestors, are still alive in my genes,
still the savage lurking in the dark,
can pounce of a sudden,
a reminiscence from the dark past,
soothing when accepted,
fiercely hostile if denied,
awesome, the forest is in its antiquity.
The forest stays in the  knowledge of its truth,
Deny it and it will rob you of your identity,
denude you of your certainty.
You need the courage of the impulse
to tread its path, the instinct that guards you,
not in the manner of an angel,
but like a tigress who once was your mother divine.
At the edge of the forest runs the road.
But the forest holds me and would not let me go.
No, I do not want to go.
This warm darkness soothes and heals.
These voices floating over time
are whispering my story of the ancient time.
It has something I did not know. I want to hear it till the end.
The road can wait or flow.
The forest has an ancient claim.
Until I yield, there is no release.

No comments:

Post a Comment