Tuesday 18 August 2015

THE ROD

A dark zone in the heart
your sadness.
I know,
I know its edge.
That was where I dwelt.
"The edge is where life begins, because the pain begins"
you said.
The edge is where we find the sorrow dissolve in the arms of grief,
"A taller wave  casting a shadow as the smaller wave recedes."
Is dissolution meant to be the end ?
Is it not the beginning of the quest?"
Perhaps a beginning of a finding anew.

I know my words would have made a sense
if uttered in that moment long ago.
Now, a silence, a covered face.
not a ray of light that finds escape.
A blank space.

The trembling hand now holds a rod,
a rod of light pointing a way
somewhere towards the edge
and I recall,
"What may we hope to find at the edge?"
From behind the covered face came the word,
"Perhaps we may find God."

 Image credit: Sogyal Rinpoch

No comments:

Post a Comment