Thursday 31 December 2015

The Morning : A Crystal Held In Hand

THE MORNING : A CRYSTAL HELD IN HAND

A blessing in the morning shone;
and the reason?
Not known.
I saw her dreaming the scent of mango groves
and beneath each tree i saw
the marks just left
of her footsteps
catching the light of dawn in a surprise!
A surprise, all surprise,
and I rushed to open the window to see why,
the robin said, "I know; but I don't know how and why!"
The notes of the prayer from the mosque
and the temple bells from the east and the west
mingled, the soul was rested in a dream
and the morning was a crystal held in the hand
of a child looking in wonder
at all those things which surprise.
Looking at beauty and sensing it
is a wonder, not surprise.
The child touched my jaded being
and I closed my eyes to hold the dream.

Sushama Karnik

Image Courtesy : Sonali Dalal

Just dreaming 

No comments:

Post a Comment