Thursday 24 December 2015

Tonight is no urge

Blessedly Sad
Tonight, is no urge left towards flight,
a time to sink low,
lower than the lowest depth,
and wallow in the voluptuous flow,
lying in peace, or be buried in the waters all around.
It was a wonderland, the magical reality
so long as I was there,
elephants ambling across watery streets,
deluge where sadness sank and sang
dirges about the dead and the gone
cats and puppies and human beings,
as the trees grew stronger in their roots and the branches taller in majesty.
And sadness, tears were no embarrassment,
such ease of acceptance,
truly a magical reality!
No sermons , no spiritual harangue thrown
about the need to renounce the human bondage of love
in the name of some imagined glory of walking away on the world of tears and love,
the despair and frustration coming in the wake
of all the love that came to me.
I am so glad and sad, blessedly sad,
sad, sad to my very bones,
and yet so glad that I found my soul

No comments:

Post a Comment