Friday 19 August 2016

A Dialogie Between Two Selves

Dec 22, 2015


A Dialogue Between Two Selves


Self 1:
Say something, I am here to listen
and then I too may speak of something of mine,
It looks as if you have lost
the language that spoke from the heart.

Self 2 :
The long intervals of tears
have set in me the habit of crying
I have forgotten those moments that made us laugh.


 Self ! :
Why, look how the moonlit night is shining on you.
The dark fortnight is past.

Self 2 :
The moon doesn't bring light to me
Dark clouds invade the heart.

 Self 1 :
Recall the promise that the new sun makes.
Do you not owe something to this life?

Self 2 :
This way-darer has lost the way,
 estranged from the goal, she is groping for light.

Self 1 :
Ask your heart,
the heart knows the way.

Self 2 :
The effort of walking and surviving the travails of the road
have so left me drained,
I have lost the memory of the place I wanted to reach,
now all I want is rest.

Self 1 :
Open your eyes and see how close you are to your dreams.

Self 2 :
Dreams were like a candle-flame,
a warning to the fire-fly not to move too close.

Self 1 :
A moment of closeness to the flame
is the memory worth carrying forth.
As for me, I have forgotten the  searing caused by the flame.
The memory of the warmth is all what remains
and that is what I owe to the life and this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment