Monday 9 January 2017

The Wall Which Taught me To Dream

The Wall Which Taught Me To Dream

My love of the written word started on the walls
The tall walls lined the railway tracks
screaming messages in capital letters
in alphabets that graduated slowly to meanings,
Most of those were regularly seen
while traveling with mom to her school.
The painted walls in their gaudy colors
and the words painted in an exotic commercial sheen
printed the images that slid in memory, building nests,
for birds with no feathers yet,
and cocoons for butterflies to fly next,
I transformed them into a private world of dreams.

It was many more years thence, I came to know,
that the wall which taught me to dream
was a wall that hid an old cremation ground.


"Rock wall, mist wall, brick wall, glass wall .........
We do not always see what is hiding behind it.
We Imagine what we want to experience, and if you fail, you dream about it."

Written sometime in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment