Saturday 29 July 2017

Among Massive Shadows

Among massive shadows
of rocks and stones
where nothing moved.
When the rocks don't move
how will the shadows?

Shadows change
not in the mass,
having no substance of their own;
they change their size and directions.
Here on the shore where the rocks stand,
the waves recede and surge,
and the waves are the ones who cast no shadows.

I stood among rocks,
watching a shadow
a shadow of my own,
wanting to shield and cover the things I loved:
when all I did was to change the feel
of what looked to me unsafe and exposed :
exposed to winds and wounds
that moved with apathy
to the things I loved.

And then a bird moved
a bit closer to me and flew,
and hardly ever the shadow stayed
to cast a shape to change my anonymous stay
among rocks and stones and surging waves.

The image via courtesy +Anna .a
P. Emma originally shared the image

No comments:

Post a Comment