Thursday 26 October 2017

A WITCH SHE WAS

A WITCH SHE WAS

A witch she was
only the magic potion from the sealed vial in my hand
could let you talk to her and catch her words in half of their length.
Now she is lost,
lost to sea and submerged under the waves.
I do not know how to break the seal;
I do not know if she abides still
in the tiny space inside this vial.
Be content now to admire the exquisite workmanship
of this delicate, fragile vial in my hand.
Letting her out, even if I can, may spell a havoc
I cannot measure as of now.
What storms raged
over the sea and the land,
how the oceans were ravaged by mad hurricanes!
Who can tell how it was in the wind and the storm and the rain?
Let her remain caught in the vial
and let the mouth remain sealed,
and let me too
lie asleep
at the bottom of the ocean's floor.


Image credit: Tanya Dimitrova

No comments:

Post a Comment