Sunday 7 April 2019

DOWN THE ALLEYS AND LANES

Shadows around the house,
pensive, moving, ephemeral, soft.
The backyards humming with the presence of birds.
My heart still moves there and rests in the shadows.
What I gather and store in the folds of garment
is going to be washed away in the river
and then to the waiting arms of the sea.

The yearning, ceaseless, for the things that have been.
The whole day long I lived with the sea.
The alleys and the backways lined with the trees,
all led to the final sea at noon.
I watched it glimmering white.
From the hill on the shore,
from the ramparts of the ancient fort,
then from the seaside cafe
I watched the tranquil backwaters
tossing in the breeze the sunkist waves.

Time rolled over the quiet shore.
The wings of the swarms of dragonflies
and the waves that gently touched the rocks
was all the music that happened there.
The road back home was long.
The moon which sailed along in the sky
stopped for awhile in the track.
The moon smiled a cryptic smile.
A stopover for the night.
A lifetime washed away.

Thanks Souheil Ghammachi for the image
There’s an ocean
inside of me.
Put your ear against
my chest and listen,
it rages for you 💕
~ Johnny Nguyen

Photo via WhatsApp by J.S.
Mediterranean shore at Tyre
Lebanon
Photo
Shared publiclyView activity

No comments:

Post a Comment