Tuesday 30 April 2019

The Darkness

The Darkness
The darkness speaks when the light cannot.
Darkness , the space you create ,
and once created does not dissolve.
Darkness, soothing falsehoods,
comfort of dependence,
a part of the heritage bequeathed.
Darkness, so full of narratives
in the intimacy of dark,
the portals, opening and closing,
sudden lightening, clearings of a moment,
which the clinging of the daylight could not show.
Darkness, the doors open and close
and no sound made,
no sight of the visitors who come and go
with no imprint of the presence left behind.
Darkness, dark as the moon eclipsed, to shield
the caves where you need to retreat and breathe.
Darkness, I love to lie in your  nocturnal embrace,
 calm, mystifying, elusive,
a night's enclave,
 your tight clasp over my weary soul,
my body resting in the illusion;
the illusion of cessation of all my being
and that is all the truth I need to know.

3 comments:

  1. Am citit și recitit acest poem...
    Eu pot vedea în acest întuneric amprenta ta poetică și aceasta mă face fericit...
    ,,...și acesta este tot adevărul pe care trebiuie să-l cunosc."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I read and reread this poem ...
      I can see in this darkness your poetic impression and it makes me happy ...
      "... and this is all the truth I have to know.".

      Thank you for your words, Sem Xtz. Happy for your visit. My new book, Patanjal Yogadarshan will be out soon. I want you to read it. It will be available on Amazon and Kindle.
      Keep in contact please. Wish you a lot of inspiration for poetry.

      Delete
  2. Aștept cu nerăbdare... Mulțumesc!

    ReplyDelete