Thursday 12 December 2019

in my search for the scent of you
I found myself diving deep.
into places I swam
where I heard not even a peep.
flapping my flippers through
worlds where things float and they creep.
in search of a friend through waters
I had heard that she flew.
nothing less than pure witchcraft
brought me to this bluish blue.
for friendship we know
is the strongest of glue.
wherever you swim
I will be there with you.
me......hows that for a poem about finding
            wonders below the surface of the sea?
me2....It's not bad if you mean beneath the surface of glass
            on the computer in this cyber world.
me......cyber shmyber....this is the world, this is life. every one
             of these incredible people has a small and a heartbeat
             and falls in love....there are no less real for being met
             here on google plus than down the street.
me2.....True.
me........I met you here.
me2......I was always on the same side of the glass as you poet.
me........true, but some aspect of you came to life when I
              began meeting others out here.
me2......You've got a point poet.
me........I've got two of them.....they rise up under my hairline.
me2......You devil you.
me.........just call me poet.  to hell with the words.....:)

Kevin Walsh

No comments:

Post a Comment