Thursday 26 December 2019

The Jaded Walls

Jaded walls,
the faded paint of the window-frames.
The neat squares of the frame of my mind
respond ...
to the deepening sky.
Close to the window, on the ground below
nestle the house-tops,
intimate, near to my heart.
Lives unfold, shelter the hearths,
the harsh winter is kept at bay.
Many an evening has turned purple
as many a person watched
leaning against the wooden sill
drawing in the infinity ranging beyond.
The darkness came and swallowed everyday
that which was infinite a moment back,
the cryptic purple turned into black.
Standing by this window I learnt to respond,
receive and forgive life's harms;
injuries were never allowed to sink
beneath the first layer of the skin.
At every eventide
a new mood flows out of me
and pervades the purple sky.
When the sky reddens in the first blush
it begins to speak
and reveals the link -
the bonding between me,infinity and humanity
Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment