Sunday 19 January 2020



For Tanya
Our Window

She waited long before the dusk,
with two chairs placed
facing the window for me and her.
Sadness was something I hated to see,
but it was there in every pore of her aura
like a book just read and set aside.
"I have always kept this chair, an extra one
for someone to come
and just be with me at dusk.
Too long, "she said.
I said, "I have watched you hold all those flowers
in your hand and watch the river  and hear the river purr,
as though a cat in the intimacy of your warm presence,
and you never knew what I knew."
"Tell me what happens, my dear, when one hears a cat and a river--
the one sits in your lap, while the other goes by in her quiet flow?"
"When you hear a river go purring by
over a long time, very long time,
you are lost; lost to yourself.
You listen to the river, then to your heart,
then to your own silence
and you are lost, not just to yourself, to everything!
It's always and forever water."
We watched the river go by
and the sunset spread its gallant love for us,
two women watching from the window,
a long-awaited occupation of sharing the daily evening light,
with the difference:
that this day, I didn't want her to watch it alone.
SUSHAMA KARNIK (c)
The image below was a photo shared by my very dear friend Tanya Dimitrova while we were in contact on G+.
Sadly, the image is erased after the end of G+/
Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment