Tuesday 30 September 2014

Kabir Says...



God Says To Kabir, And Kabir Repeats It To Us

I am here with you my dear,
when did I go away?
No need to look for me in the destinations of pilgrims
I am not in the shrine.
Do not search for me in the idols of clay.
Do not give up the world in despair
Do not seek retreat for my sake.
Do not look for me in temples
Do not try to find me in mosques
Do not travel in search of me to the city of Kashi
Do not climb mountains to have a glimpse of me.
It's all in vain.
I was never found by those who repeatedly uttered my name
Some tried to reach me by living in austerity
Some followed rituals and starved themselves in a life-time spent in retreat
None of them found me.
But I am not that hard to please.
A heart that yearns to meet me
may find my gates opened instantly.
Listen to me O sages,
I come to those who know in their hearts
that I have never been away.
And truly, when did I go away?

2 comments: