Tuesday 17 March 2015

The Infinite and a Woman

The infinite,
and a woman,
desolate, clueless  under the sky.
"I leave you a bunch of seven keys", he said,
"and one of them will open the sky".

And one day he returned, under a different garb and a different sky.
She still held in her hand the golden keys
which he gave her in the golden days

He was in the princely robes when he went
and when he came as beggar there was no lament.
The sky was empty, but it was closed;
She looked for an answer at him and the sky.
Clutching at the golden keys still in her hand
and at the end of her veil that was about to fly,
She fell at his feet, her eyes moist and her
throat dry.
"You have come," she said, "I have no need for the key and the sky".
You will stay, not wander far;
your home is here in my heart.

"O Woman, what are you talking about?
I have no home under this sky.
I have to beg for forgiveness.
Throw away the keys nevertheless.
They are no longer needed to walk in the sky.
Walk on this earth, barefoot.
I had gone away, hoping to fly
I have come back with the knowledge, not of the flight-paths;
I have come back with knowledge of how it feels
to walk on the earth barefoot under the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment