Saturday 27 June 2015

An Uneventful Apocalypse

An Uneventful Apocalypse---

Wrapped around in the sheet of monsoon clouds
I listen
to the rumble drowned in rains
falling in a drifting rhythm
upon the window sills,
smell the earth, the wet grass blending with the sun-burnt dust.
Rains have brought a languorous calm.
Look at the sky;
the world is glorious.
News of sorrow or news of joy,
all must come through the ponderous sky.
I can begin to read the sky
like a gypsy reading her cards.
When the birds come back  I feel the earth
swell and surge in a tide of love.
Nothing is enough to quell the thirst.
Nothing will ever leave the swallow
as she warms up
to the spring left behind with a touch of sorrow.
The whole dominion of the earth and the sky
holding the breaths between love and grief
give me a longing which has no name.
I live isolate, uplifted, in an uneventful apocalypse.holding the breaths between love and grief
give me a longing which has no name.
I live isolate, uplifted, in an uneventful apocalypse.

No comments:

Post a Comment