Friday 26 June 2015

Redemption

REDEMPTION



Somewhere in that land, a continent far away
Someone was locked in a paradox
Of love and hate, an ambiguous language, a tirade of anguish, plaintive cry
All aimed in the ether; it was aimed at me.
The deprivation, the longing, the fervent hope,
Meteors were hurled in the night and landed on my earth in my day.
I did not mean to steal what never belonged to me.
I simply watched, struck dumb by the fury;
It was as if my very existence was an anomaly that needed to be erased

My name was not divulged. I was a dark enemy for some uncommitted crime
Of  no origin in this life of mine.
The fumes so dark and vapours of venom
For days on end they chased my presence and filled with torpor
The air I breathed. O Distance, how unfathomed your space and the secrets you hide!
For days and nights I was engaged in a battle I did not want to fight

Somewhere beyond the horizon, the space of the ocean allotted to me,
I could hear the storm raging, relentlessly,
A small boat untethered and swirling in circles,
Hitting against unreal rocks, cursing,  scourging and floating on the tides of passion
With no respite clutching at the logs, clinging to planks that would not stay,
And the mid-sea raging under the sky.
Here from my shores I knew, it wasn’t  as doomed as it seemed to the boatman who could not row.

One after another of the logs slipped and swam
Away  to another shore, another land.
Gradually the oar was under control, the sea lost the rage and the fever died
And I watched from my shore a distant soul
Taking control of the roaming  vessel
The words carried a definite command
And the fever calmed.
It was all in the plan,
A growth, an evolution of someone caught in a whirlpool of angst,
And a final redemption and release for me.
My role in the drama, unexplained to this day
Is over now, and I can slip away and enjoy the bliss of my solitary Muse.

And now let my days in prayers pass
that the peace that I earned with a vicarious pain
may belong to me as my rightful grace
not be robbed for some reasons i cannot grasp or solve.
Let my angels visit me without a guilt in the heart
without having to intuit the path
out of the labyrinths of the archetypal riddles.



No comments:

Post a Comment