Wednesday 5 August 2015

Create a new page

A new day on a new page

And a surprise waits
when you open the window on a windy day,
open it just a wee bit to look out how far away is the sun from the hill,
and before you can spot the truant sun
peering behind the cloud,
the humming bird has spotted something else,
and I spot a smile
in the humming bird's lilting voice.
How could I miss what the humming bird saw and already knew
before even the absconding sun knew?
The bells are chiming
on the distant river
I changed my name;
I changed the face;
and I threw my whole being in the river.
Now I am here and there and everywhere;
Call me now by whatever name;
I will still call back
even if I do not know your name.
and the happiness comes floating on the wings
of thousands of butterflies making rings,
whirling and rising and holding little lamps of flickering lights.

2 comments: