Wednesday 15 April 2020

THE CRESCENT OF MOON

A crescent of moon,
a steady boat,
sailing across.
A distant light of a star
reaching to tell us
of a force that travelled,
and reached right here with no distraction
to deter or stray;
only an eye that occurs here
and a mind that infers an origin
of a lamp that burns
in a primordial cave.
Beyond, I do not know.

Myriads of visions arise and go;
walking, even as I fall and rise,
trying to breathe even as I die,
even as I grasp, letting go;
Looking at the moon, I recall the sun.
In the rise of the wave,
I already begin
to sense the fall of the ebbing tide.

And in the crash of the wave, I see the arising,
once again,
surmounting the dissipation of the tide,
The heron will watch and one day spread its wing,
the wings have the wisdom and the pull
to fly towards the call of the sea.

Sushama Karnik
2016



No comments:

Post a Comment